The Winter Delights...



Hi Everyone,

The winter season has almost come to its end. This winter i had a great experience with my garden. Lovely shades of color were all around the garden. Each corner had its own delight. Even the climbers which had been growing all year round have come up with beautiful blooms. The vividness of the colors and flowers were just breath taking.  

Here are some of the clicks from my garden.

I know I had posted bougainvilleas before but I can't resist posting these bougainvillea again. They are just so attractive. 


bougainvillea

bougainvillea

bougainvillea

bougainvillia
The Rangoon creeper was growing all the last year. After a long time period it has come up with heavy blooms of red flowers. Its a beautiful delight for the eyes.

Rangoon creeper
I have planted many dahlias, but up till now only one has come up with a big flower. They rest of the dahlias have come up with buds and i am eagerly waiting for the flowers to come up.

Dahlia
My all time favorite Gerbera seems to be very happy this winter. Lovely flowers!

Gerbera

Gerbera

Gerbera

Gerbera

Gerbera

Gerbera

Gerbera

Gerbera

Gerbera
I have lost two of my rose plants. But the remaining rose plants have rewarded me with heavy blooms.

Rose

Rose


Rose

Rose

Rose

Rose

Rose

Rose
Last year my violet passion vine had come up with a huge display of flower. The creeper had grown very huge and it was very difficult to handle. Hence i decided to prune the plant, but this year it did not grow well and hence there were no blooms on that passion vine rather the red passion vine has come up with a lot of flowers.

Passion vine

Passion flower
This is the lily i had planted last year. I took a good care of this plant and it survived. This year it has come up with buds. Waiting for the flowers.

Asiatic Lily

Asiatic Lily
I always had a very bad experience with the azaleas. i have already lost two of my plants. This year again I have added them to my garden. They have come up with flowers.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Azalea

Azalea

Azalea
This was yet another new addition to my garden, the camellia plant. Buds have come up, just waiting for them to bloom.

Camellia

Camellia
 The hibiscus blooms have also come up. The bicolour flowers have a vividness of its own.


Hibiscus

Hibiscus
Hibiscus

Hibiscus

The Cosmos are very favorite to me. They come up with attractive blooms and as the blooms die, these plants develops seeds, which directly go back to the soil and produce a whole lot of new plants.

Cosmos

Cosmos

Cosmos

Hope you enjoyed the post. I will be right back with new happenings of my garden and more information on how to grow plants. Till then, Happy Gardening!

Comments

  1. Beautiful flowers. You must be spending a lot of time tending to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plants just have to be provided with the basic things they require to grow. Yes sometimes they are more demanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some beautiful gerbera blooms. You seem to have a good collection of them in your garden. Great going. Also your bougainvillea seems very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. waiting for your Gerbera updates. Keep posting. Your blog is a great source of inspiration for me.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds...

Facts about Gerbera...