My fall garden in full bloom part 2



Hello Everyone,

The plants in my rooftop garden have come up with heavy blooms. When i had planted the seedlings, I had used cow dung manure and soil as the potting mix. The seedlings showed good signs of growth and they had come up as healthy plants with lots of flowering buds. After 21 days of planting the seedlings, I used a commercial foliar spray. The foliar spray really enhanced the growth of the plant, which is very evident from the quality of flowers i got this season.

 I would like to share some of the snaps from my garden.

Pansy are my all time favorite plants for the winter and fall garden. The vibrant mix of color make them a perfect addition to my fall garden.

Pansy

Pansy

Pansy

Pansy

Pansy

Pansy


Pansy

Pansy

This is the first time, I have added carnations to my garden. I bought some seedlings from the local nursery store, but unfortunately i did not get any  double variety. so i decided to go with a carnation plant. I found this stunning carnation in one of the local nursery and in no time i took the decision to add it to my garden. :)


carnation (Double)

carnation

carnation

carnation

carnation

carnation

carnation

If it is a fall garden, then how come we can forget calendulas? Far relatives of the marigolds, always adds a lot of yellow color to the garden. But we should be very cautious about these plants as they are highly prone to mites and other pests. Do Not forget to spray them with organic pesticides. Neem oil is a all time favorite pesticide for me  and they are really very effective.

calendula

calendula


calendula

calendula

calendula

calendula
The local nursery store from where i buy all my requirements, asked me to add a new variety to my garden. he told me this seedling when it grows will produce bunch of colorful flowers. I bought the seedling and planted them in my garden. I had no clue what this plant was, before the plant bloomed. As the plant bloomed, I googled it, to my surprise it was Sweet William. For a very long time i was thinking of buying the seeds online so as to add them into my garden and here it is...

sweet william

sweet william

Geraniums are just another perfect addition to a garden. The beautiful bunch of flowers are just awesome.



geranium

geranium
Asters are yet another plant which produces a vibrant display of colors as it blooms, And are perfect addition to a fall garden. 

Aster


Aster

Aster

Aster

This time the Gazania was  late in producing the flowers. After theblooms came up. These plants were the real show stoppers. 

Gazania

Gazania

Gazania

Ornamental kales are one of my favorite plants. Though this plant is a non flowering plant, but still it looks splendid due to exotic blend of colors in the leaves. 

Ornamental Kale

Ornamental Kale

This is another plant which i had no clue what it was. Last year i had bought them but the plant did not bloom and just withered away in the pot. This year when it bloomed, I was surprised to see that it was Impatients. They look just so beautiful.

Impatients

Impatients

Impatients

Impatients

I always had a hard luck with the Celosia plants. They never came up as healthy plants. This time the plant looks healthy and has bloomed heavily.

Celosia

Celosia

Celosia

Celosia
That's all for today. Apart from all these, the helicrysum, Asiatic Lily and Poppy are yet to bloom. I had also planted some flowering bulbs like Fressia, Tulips, Gladiolus and Ornithogalum  but they too have not yet bloomed. May be i will share them in my next post. Since  the season is coming to an end, I have already geared up for setting my garden for the summer. This time i have bought varieties of bulbs for the summer. I will share my experience with them in my posts. Till then stay happy and blessed. Happy Gardening!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds...

Facts about Gerbera...

The Winter Delights...