Hibiscus, Cletoria ternatea, Camellia and the Passion vine...

Welcome back readers!

The temperatures have already started rising at our place. Now its time to prepare the garden for the summer. I have already potted my summer bulbs and will be sharing the same in my upcoming post. In spite of the rising temperature some of my plants are still in bloom. I have a variety of hibiscus plants in my rooftop container garden. These hibiscus plants require a little attention. Addition of compost, regular weeding, pruning the plant to keep it in shape, adequate sunlight and watering the plant as per requirement is all the plant requires to flourish. Sometimes the plants are under pest attacks I often find the mealy bugs infesting the plant. This results into under developed steams and flowers , most often the buds fall off the plants. The remedy that i use is a generous spray of neem oil. 



Cletoria ternatea is another plant which is very easy growing. This creeper is another plant which requires little or no attention at all. The blooms are just exotic.



Camellia plant is the latest addition to my garden. I had bought this plant  few months ago. I was very curious about the needs of this plant. But some how I find this plant also a very easy growing plant. The flowers are just splendid. I already find the plant loaded with buds and this is a sign that the plant is either liking the growing condition or it has adapted to the growing condition at our place. I won't comment much on its requirements as this is the first time I am growing camellias in my garden.




Below are the some of the snaps of my passion wine. But one thing that I would admit is that it's very hard to train a passion vine. The stems are very delicate and I have many a times damaged them in course of training them up the trellis. The flowers are just very beautiful. 




Hope you enjoyed the post. Catch you all in my next post. Till then happy gardening!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds...

Facts about Gerbera...

The Winter Delights...