Gazania


Hello Everyone!

The rising temperature in our place marks the end of the winter season. At around the end September I had started planning for my winter garden. I prepared all my planters and planted the seedlings in October. After a long wait, the seedlings turned into plants and bore miniature buds on them. In no time the buds turned into wonderful flowers. looking at the flowers I knew all my wait and work was paid off. It is a total bliss to look at your plants flourishing all the season round. 

Along with the all other plants that i had planted for the winters, The Gazania has really pleased me a lot this season. The plants have displayed a vibrant mix of color this year.

Gazania is a very easy caring plant. Since I have already discussed about the potting mix in my previous posts so i am not going into much details about that. Watering should be done generously to these plants but we should make sure that the plant does not sits on water. The plant is ok with the winter sun but with the rising temperature the flowers are usually scorched. Hence moving the plants into some shady areas during the afternoon is better. Use of some organic fertilizer in the budding and flowering stage is usually recommended.   

Here I am sharing some of the snaps from my garden. 








Hope you enjoyed the post. I will be back with my next post. Till then Happy Gardening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds...

Facts about Gerbera...

The Winter Delights...