Asiatic lilies, Dahlias and Kalanchoe...

Hello Eveyone,

I always wanted to add some Asiatic lilies to my garden. Last year I bought two Asiatic lily plants. The plants did bloom but unfortunately I was not present at my home to cherish their beauty. When I returned home. The flowers had already faded way. I was able to save one of the bulbs for this year. This year I was fortunate enough to even capture them in my camera. This year I have added another four of them to my garden. 

The lilies seems to be easy caring plants. The potting mix that I used was my usual recipe soil, cow dung manure, vermicompost and compost in equal ratios. We need to make sure that the potting mix is porous enough for facilitating drainage of excessive water and good air circulation. Watering should be done only when the soil dries out. The plants seems to enjoy full sun. But when the flowers bloom move the plant to an area where they will get some afternoon shade so as to enjoy the flowers for a longer period of time. Fertilize the soil with organic manure generously to encourage budding. After the blooms are gone, leave the plant until the foliage dies out, Cut down upon watering. This will help preserve your bulb for the next season.

Below are some of the snaps from my garden. Hope you enjoy them.





Apart from the lilies, The dahlias have also displayed vividness in the garden. Every year I bought seedlings of dahlia, but never succeeded in the quest of growing them into matured plants with loads of buds. I often ended up in buying matured plants with buds in the nursery. But this year, it seems all my prayers have been heard. The plants have come up with splendid blooms.  




Last year I lost my Kalanchoe plant to heavy rains. The plant suffered rot due to lack of drainage. This year I added another plant from the nursery.




Hope you enjoyed the post. I will be back soon with updates in my garden. Till then Happy Gardening! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds...

Facts about Gerbera...

The Winter Delights...