Bouquet of Gerberas...

Hello Readers,

Yes I know I have many a times posted Gerberas, I had shared some tips and tricks for Gerbera care in my earlier posts. But I can't resist the urge of sharing them again and again. These days my Gerbera plants seems to be extra happy. I have a total of five of these plants. All of them are flowering profusely these days. The pink variety has come up with at least eight blooms and I still find buds appearing from the soil. The foliage has turned greener and the plants looks totally healthy.

 I still remember, when I had bought them they seemed very unhealthy and the flowers were also not so much showy and even once these plants suffered severe pests problem. I attempted to repot the plants with my recipe of the potting mix, last year these plants showed good signs of growth and here they are...this year, the flowers just looks splendid and no less than a bouquet of Gerberas. These plants require a bit of your attention and we need to fertilize them well for a healthy growth and maximum blooms. A regular check of pests and disease keeps the plants away from harmful pest problems. If your Gerbera plant is all ready under attack then just use a mixture of soapy water and neem oil and spray the plants at an interval of fifteen days till the problem is gone. Gerberas need generous watering but they hate sitting on water, hence make sure you have a good drainage for excess water to drain out. It is advisable to use a porous potting mix. These plants like occasional misting of water but avoid this when they are flowering. Pinch off if you find any dead leaves of dead flower heads. You may need to repot the plant if it has out grown the size of the planter, or you may even go for dividing them(make sure you do not harm the main root system or you may end up killing your Gerbera). 

Below are some of the snaps from my roof top garden...    









Hope the post was informative for you and you enjoyed it as well. See you all soon in my next post with some more tips and tricks on gardening. Till then Happy Gardening!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds...

Facts about Gerbera...

The Winter Delights...