Bauhinia and Mandevilla

These days my Bauhinia acuminata (most commonly known as dwarf orchid) plant or rather a tree now, (as it has grown to a good height) is blooming profusely. Every morning i visit the tree I find it full of sweet smelling flowers and it is a total bliss to watch this,believe me. I bought this plant at least two years ago and potted it in a big size container, I was very disappointed with its growth as the plant seemed to be very weak. hence I decided to plant it on the ground, I planted it in my backyard and within a year the plant came up with new growths. In the first year the plant did not flower well but this year the plant seems to be in a different mood  ;) . Below are the few clicks from my garden.

   





Here comes another surprise for me.
I bought this mandevilla plant from a garden store and potted it on the ground. For a year the plant did not show any sign of growth. Even it lost few of its stem. I felt very pity for this plant. But a year later, to my surprise the plant started growing and this year it has come up with beautiful yellow flowers. Here are a few clicks.


Can anyone please tell me what plant is it?
Below are the pictures of a plant which i received from a neighborhood aunt.Since then i wonder, what plant is it?
She gifted me a small seedling. I planted it and since then it is there in my garden. The plant has a tendency of self seeding and it rather acts as a weed. But the flowers are beautiful and attracts a lots of bees and butterflies.





Hope you enjoyed this post. I will be back again with some other delights of my garden. Till then Happy Gardening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds...

The Winter Delights...

Facts about Gerbera...