Gift of Monsoon...

Every year during monsoon, Our local nurseries organize a exhibition of different kinds of plants. A year ago I came across a plant with beautiful blooms. Later after searching for proper name of the plant in internet, i discovered that the plant is Ipomoea Cairica most commonly known as the Railway creeper. The plant has wonderful purple colored blooms. These days this plant seems to be very happy and is rewarding me with numerous blooms. Below are some of the snaps from my garden.

This plant requires very little attentions and rewards heavily with blooms.

Railway Creeper

Railway Creeper

Railway Creeper
During the same year I also came across another plant. This plant had somewhat shredded green leaves with red blooms on it. It is fun watching these flowers bloom in the morning and die in the afternoon. For the first time I came across this plant I found it in a garden. But since the garden was restricted I couldn't collect seeds or stem cutting to propagate the same. Once I saw this in the exhibition I was ready to add this to my collection. Later I found that it's very easy to propagate this plant, every time the plant bears seeds I just sprinkle them on the top soil and in few days we can see small plantlets coming up.


This year I had planted some bulbs for my summer garden(check them out in my previous posts). Many of them bloomed but among them one of the plant that completely won my heart is the gloriosa Lily. I was totally mesmerized by its beauty. Below are some of the clicks from my garden.

gloriosa

gloriosa

gloriosa

gloriosa

The cactus in my garden have bloomed heavily. This year I feed the cactus with a diluted cowdung manure and also with a diluted solution of Urea and Potash and the plant seems to be liking it.

Cactus

Cactus

My gerberas seems to be fine this summer. Last year the plants stressed due to the heat. This year despite being so hot they are doing well in my Garden. The monsoon has already taken its course with heavy to light rainfall this year, almost every day. The blooms look so beautiful with lush green foliage.

Gerbera

Gerbera

Gerbera

My mandevilla plant had totally dropped all its leaves this summer. I thought I have lost this beautiful plant. But the monsoon seems to have poured a new life in this plant. The plant has come up again with deep green leaves and beautiful yellow flowers all over it.

 Mandevilla

This is a very common plant which is found in almost all home gardens. This a kind of low maintenance jasmine plant. All you need to do is plant it up in soil directly and keep watering it everyday. They plant does well in full sun. The white flowers are very beautiful.  


Other plants in my garden...

Dwarf Orchid plant

White hibiscus


Plumeria

Plumeria

Hope you enjoyed reading this post. I will be back with some more updates in my next post. Till then stay happy and safe. Happy Gardening!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds...

Facts about Gerbera...

The Winter Delights...