Colors of My Summer Garden...


Hello Everyone!

After having planted the seedlings for my summer garden, I was waiting for quiet a long period of time for my seedlings to grow up and bear beautiful flowers on them. The plants have shown good sign of growth and are now ready with buds on them. Last time I visited the plant nursery I came across a number of beautiful plants and hence I ended up adding them into my garden.

Below are pics of the zinnia plant which I had planted as a seedling. It has grown well and already in bloom.










Last year I had bought some unknown seedlings. I did not have any idea about the plant it will grow into. After some days I discovered some buds in the plants, when the plant started flowering I quickly googled it up...after struggling for some time I found it was a Gaillardia plant. The flowers were very beautiful. I find this plant very easy growing. These plants are easy to propagate and they just propagate by self seeding. Below are the some of the snaps of this beautiful flower.




Most of the times I collect plants from the plant nurseries. But I also visit the gardens of my neighbors and relatives. One of my aunt gifted me with seeds of the Gomphrena. I had just sprinkled the seeds in one of the pot and within no time the plant bloomed and self seeded in my garden. Here they are all around in my garden with beautiful blooms.




Portulacas are one of my favourite plants. This year I bought some of them. These are easy growing plants. Sunlight, water and a good soil mix is just what they need to produce bunch of blooms. Below are some of my portulacas.







Hope you enjoyed the post. All your valuable comments are most welcomed. I will be soon back with updates on my garden. Till then stay healthy and blessed. Happy Gardening!!

Comments

  1. I did not know white gomphrena exists. I had seen the pink varieties but till today I did not know it's English/scientific name. Thanks for sharing. Nice to see beautiful blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even red Gompherenas do exist, Though I could never have one of them in my garden. Thank you Vasudha for visiting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your valuable comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds...

Facts about Gerbera...

The Winter Delights...